According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare occupations are projected to add about 2.4 million new jobs by 2026 in the healthcare industry, adding more jobs than any of the other occupational groups.
The certificate program at IHLSI requires six courses. Students must maintain a 2.75 or better overall GPA for the certificate coursework. Additionally, all students are required to complete two noncredit courses in their first term of study:
- Academic & Research Ethics
- Online Learning Readiness
The certificate program length is flexible; however, the certificate must be completed within two years.
Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR)
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics gives the Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) Exam, and its credentialing agency is the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). The title of Registered Dietitian (RD) and Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) is protected and authorized by CDR of the American Dietetic Association.
The examination is based on various topics such as Food and Nutrition Sciences, Food Service Systems, Nutrition Care for individuals and groups, and Management of Food and Nutrition Services. The exam is to be taken within two and a half hours, and a simple calculator will be provided. More than 80,000 dietitians and dietetic technicians across the country and the world have taken CDR exams over the past several decades.
Medicinal Herbs Certificate
There are many medicinal herbs people use all over the world. Medicinal herbs provide natural chemical compounds that can be used to treat different maladies. Therefore, it is essential to be educated in the different kinds of medicinal herbs around us.
In this certificate program, you will be able to learn about:
- the different kinds of medicinal herbs to promote health and well-being;
- the different benefits that you can get for a particular medicinal herb;
- the different ways to use medicinal herbs to get the most benefits out of the plant.
It covers the following courses:
- Historical records of medicinal herbs used to treat different disorders;
- Plants for promoting mental health;
- Plants for improving muscles, bones, and the reproductive system;
- Plants for promoting cardiovascular and respiratory health;
- Plants for promoting digestive and skin health;
- Plants for boosting immunity and relieving pain;
- Making and using herbal remedies at home to cure common ailments and improving your wellbeing.
Health Finance and Management
Learn the various strategies related to finance and management when applied to healthcare environments.
Students completing the certificate program will be exposed to and have a basic understanding of the theoretical and applied aspects of Health Finance and Management. Competencies achieved will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of theories and tools used for financial management
- Awareness of effective communication in health
- Recognition of healthcare quality
Additionally, the certificate program will familiarize students with the evaluation of health insurance and the strategies in financial planning.
- Health Literacy: Strategies and Challenges for Effective Communication
- Essentials of Business Analysis
- Fundamentals of Budgeting and Financial Accounting
- Financial Modeling with Excel
- Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety
- Managed Care and Health insurance
CompTIA A+ Technician
CompTIA A+ certification is earned by passing a set of two exams that validate skills needed for entry-level IT jobs. It is a performance-based certification that supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
CompTIA A+ technician is not just for PC repair. CompTIA A+ candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and solve a wider variety of issues, ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
CompTIA A+ prepares candidates for the following job roles:
|Service desk analyst||Help desk tech|
|Technical support specialist||Field service technician|
|Associate network engineer||Data support technician|
|Desktop support administrator||End-user computing technician|
|Help desk technician||System support specialist|